Free Delivery |
24 x 7 Support |
30 Days Return Policy
How to Kill the Coronavirus at Home
29 March, 2021 by | No comments yet

Just like other members of the coronavirus family, the coronavirus causing COVID-19 may be a dangerous virus, but it’s no match for good disinfection and cleaning products, health experts say.

“There are many bad things about the coronavirus, but there is one good thing: It is not very hardy,” said Dr. John Swartzberg, an expert on infectious diseases and a professor emeritus at the University of California, Berkeley, School of Public Health. “It is easily destroyed by most disinfectants.”

With all the bad things being said about the coronavirus, one good thing about it is that it is easily destroyed by most disinfectants.

Best practice is to disinfect high-touch surfaces such as faucet handles, doorknobs, stair rails and countertops several times a day. Make a checklist of all the places you want to clean so you don’t forget any of them.

Soap & Water Works.

The soap removes viral particles that have attached themselves to surfaces by suspending them in the water, so they can be washed away. The soap or detergent break up virus' protein coating and spills out its DNA or RNA causing the disease.

Alcohol Works.

Do not dilute 70 percent rubbing alcohol when using it. It will kill the coronavirus with more efficiency and is safe for all surfaces. Alcohol products may cause slight discoloration for plastic surfaces.

Bleach Works Very Well.

Bleach is an effective coronavirus killer, as well as virtually every other germ. Bleach is a harsh cleaner,  capable of damaging paint and can corrode metal with prolonged use. Be sure to wear gloves and protect your skin. Do not mix the bleach with anything except water.

TO CLEAN AND DEODORIZE

1. Dilute 1-1/4 oz. (2-1/2 tbsp.) per gallon of warm water.
2. Apply with sponge or mop to wet all surfaces thoroughly.
3. Wipe with a clean cloth.

TO DISINFECT:

1. Remove heavy soil first, then add 2-1/2oz (5 tbsp.) to one quart of water
2. Apply with a sponge or mop, wetting surface thoroughly.
3. Let stand for 10 minutes
4. Wipe away excess.

 
 

Share this post
Sign in to leave a comment